WhatsApp has finally launched their video calling feature. The world was waiting for this feature for a while now. Though it amazed the world, but didn’t surprise us. They induced the voice calling feature last year, it only built the hopes of seeing the video calling feature soon.
Now it is here. The latest feature was added on 15th November.
This year has been crazy since the beginning, especially November. This is probably the only good thing that happened to us this year.
WHAT IS WHATSAPP
WhatsApp is an application designed for smartphones for instant messaging. It is the most successful messaging application.
The users can send text messages, documents, PDF files, GIF images, videos, user location and audio messages. It uses internet to send data.
WhatsApp enjoys more than one billion users. The highly popular application attracted the attention of Facebook. Facebook Inc acquired WhatsApp Inc. on February 19, 2014, for approximately US$19.3 billion.
HOW TO GET THE LATEST VERSION OF WHATSAPP
The steps are easy. Just keep following the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the play store.
2. Type “WhatsApp” in the search bar.
3. Once the suggestions will show up, click on the first one.
HOW TO MAKE VIDEO CALLS
First of all, make sure you have a stable connection. Also, make sure the one you are calling should have a stable connection too.
Once you get the latest version, just follow these steps.
1. Open your chat with the person you want to establish video chat
2. Click on the “phone icon” on the top, next to the person’s name.
3. Click on the icon.
4. It will ask you to choose from “voice call” or “video call”.
5. Click on the one you wish to continue.
HOW GOOD IT IS?
The feature landed recently and already took the world by storm.
Here are some of the good points about the latest addition.
1. The quality of the video is descent.
2. There is almost no lagging.
3. The use is simple.
4. You can use both the front and the rear camera while video calling.
Though personally, I loved the app but I can’t deny there are some limitations to it. WhatsApp may fix them eventually, but we got to live with them for now.
1. You can connect to only one person at one time. The conference feature needs to be added.
2. It is going to consume a lot of data.
3. Make sure your phone’s battery is charged enough.
3. You need to have a proper connection while you are on the video call.
FUTURE OF THE APP
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging application, and the addition of video calling is only going to boost its popularity. But the question is, “will it leave its mark?”
There are multiple apps that provide the video calling feature. Some of the apps are dedicated to video calling.
Skype is one of the most popular and efficient video calling apps. It is not only used among teens, but even in the professional world. A lot of professional video chats happen on Skype.
So how WhatsApp will tackle with the already existing applications?
Well, only time can answer this.
Unless you are a time traveler, then you may know the answer it too.